Sunday, June 30, 2013

How to get what God gives


“We are witnesses of these things and so is the Holy Spirit who God has given to them that obey Him.” Act6:32

                The Holy Spirit sees, hears and remembers everything. He is a guide to understanding. Have you ever done a good deed that no one saw? Have you ever thought; “I wasted my time trying to help them and they don’t appreciate it at all?” Friend, it was no waste. The Holy Spirit saw. He will remember.

                It is God that gives His Spirit. Of course it is. The eternal God never runs out. It is like clicking the paint bucket on a picture document, the whole screen turns that color. God infuses Himself into us by His Spirit.

                God decides where His Spirit goes. I have walked in an apple orchard that was not mine. I went to grab an apple and my Dad said; “no son, that is not ours. We did not plant it or pay for it.” The owner saw us and with a smile passed us a bucket. “All these are mine and I want you to have some. Pick as many as you want.” He planted them. They were his. He had the right to give them. What could I do but be thankful and receive.  God gives what He wants to give to whom He wants to give. But he is not arbitrary. He is clear. If you obey Him then you will have His Spirit. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment