Monday, July 1, 2013

Why I will Never Officiate a Gay Marriage


Why I will never officiate a gay marriage

                I know this is a hot topic. Officiating weddings fall underneath the umbrella of my profession. Often I get asked my opinion on it. I am not trying to win an argument but am simply stating my stance on why I will never preform a gay marriage.

                I will one day stand before God for everything I said and everything I didn’t say. As a preacher of the Bible I hold a sacred responsibility to teach its contents. The Bible could not be clearer that marriage is between a man and a women and that it is gravely wrong for any Christian minister to perform other ceremonies.

                Theologically it is irreconcilable. The purpose of marriage is to be a picture of Christ and the Church. This does not fit if both are the same sex. Historically, the Bible teaches God created Eve to complete Adam. Naturally it does not make sense to me. There are no gay animals. It goes against basic survival. Mentally I don’t understand. Morally it is simply against God’s code.

                There are some that will say; “I was born gay.” That to me is no excuse. When I went through puberty I desired to have sex with lots of girls but I didn’t. I used self-control. Many times I was angry and naturally I wanted to kill someone but I didn’t do that either. To give into lust and say; “I had a natural desire” just is not a sufficient answer. Some will say; “they are really in love” or “they love just as much as you.” But love can be wrong. “Don’t be unequally yoked” and “guard your heart,” mean you chose who you love. Love does not make it right. Others will say; “If it makes you happy.” This is not the creed for the Christian. The word “Happiness” comes from the Latin “happen stance” sometimes you have the right circumstance, sometimes you don’t. The Christian strives to live righteously with God. God has made it clear to live right with Him is to obey His word and not live in blatant rebellion.

                Like all people without the Lord they are hurting and trying to find happiness. They are like me, people made in the image of God trying to find their way through life. The difference is, many have believed a lie that they can’t change. People can change. We are all changing every day. That is what life is, a process we go through. I do not think they are “Americas downfall” or wish them harm. I do not lose sleep thinking evil about them. I know that God loves them. I honestly hope this blog does not push them further from God. At the end of the day, I come home to a beautiful wife, wonderful kids and a happy home. I stay positive knowing that God is working on every heart.  

                “By the power vested in me by the state of California I know pronounce you…” the state will do what it wants. I am not responsible for more than my vote and my voice. I do not expect the state to be the church. But to the gay clergy; you are to me what Judas was to the other disciples. You are without excuse. Sell outs. People come to you for the truth, one book you are so post to read and know and you deceive them. I have no peace with you, no part with you. You are not my brother or sister, you are a Judas. And those ministers in denominations that condone gay weddings, you’re staying in that movement is your consent. You are weak to me, if you cannot stand for the truth then turn in your pulpit. God will not bless what He said is cursed. So for me, I exercise my freedom to abstain from officiating any gay weddings.

3 comments:

  1. When men no longer fear God, there is no restraint upon their lusts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many close gay friendships have you had? How well have you gotten to know them, see their humanity rather than the sin? Why do you accept sin in your own Churches: greed, bigotry, hate, PRIDE, DIVORCE, selfishness, adultery, slander,but focus on sex alone? Would you perform a marriage on someone who was divorced? Seems the bible has more say on this sexual issue than the rest but you accept it. What did Jesus mainly speak about=HYPOCRISY. The double standard is deafening can't you see it? Jesus really didn't care about politics remember, he was focus on the corrupt church, he didn't expect Caesar's world to conform to His. Try love, it is much more healing.
    And Ronald Reagan destroyed marriage in California when he voted in no fault divorce, it really has zero meaning. But your personal choice to not perform them is respected, FREEDOM to practice your religion in how you chose, but try to quit yelling at the other side, they aren't going to hurt you, be kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. where did he say he hates gays? If we don`t accept their lifestyle than we hate them, are you that small minded. if your going to quote what the bible says about hypocrisy then also quote what bible says about Homosexuals. we don`t accept sin in our church but we do accept sinners who want to change and accept CHRIST. I don't` know where you went to church and had this bad experience am sorry that happen, I would call this pastor a hypocrite if he did perform a gay wedding just because they passed a law on gay marriage and i know your against HYPOCRISY. we don`t pass laws to force people to accept our teachings according to the bible so why pass laws to accept gay weddings is that HYPOCRISY. JESUS talk a lot more about hell than HYPOCRISY.

      Delete