Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What I have written I have written


“What I have written I have written.” Pilate Jn19:22

                One of the great dangers in life is to know what is right but lack the courage to do it. Pilate was afraid of what others would think. He lived to people please. He asked the right questions but did not wait for the right answers. And when he knew the answer he lacked the inner strength to react properly.

                Pilate wrote above the cross; “Jesus of Nazareth; the King of the Jews.” The Jewish leaders wanted him to change it to; “he said he was the King of the Jews.” But Pilate refused. Perhaps he was using the sign as an insult to them. Even today, I have seen Jesus used to hurt others. In the name of Christ, people are purposefully offended. They are condemned. They are shamed. And they are boxed in.

                Pilate refused to change his changeable past. He could have easily made a new board or could have added a few words. Was it laziness? Is it our laziness when we don’t make wrong things right? Not everything is as obvious. If I make a spelling mistake on this page (which I’m currently have several) I will fix it before I post it. But what of the sins we know our wrong but keep anyway?

                My advice is be changeable. Be humble. Don’t type cast yourself. Constantly improve. Treat Jesus as King, as Lord. Be determined that you will grow into a better and better follower. Pilate did not right his wrongs, today you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment