Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Your not an Insufficient Minister


Who also made us sufficient as ministers of the New Testament. 2cor3:6

                There are days when I feel overwhelmed. Some Sunday afternoons I catch myself muttering the stupid things I said during the sermon to myself. Lord help me if I bomb a joke, ha, I feel that one like a knock punch the next day. For a long time when I preached there would be this terrible moment about 20 minutes into the message. It was when I felt like no one was receiving what I was saying, like the only attendance was hostility. There would be like 50 people in a hall that seats 400, and the first pews taken were the back row. A baby would cry, youth would talk, a phone goes off, and I am tempted to leave the pulpit and just walk out. I know it sounds silly but there is a cold sweat that comes and a voice that whispers in my ear; “give in, no one cares, they want you to stop.” But I power through.

                It is common to feel insufficient. But I am not. I am adequate. More than that, I am effective. That is what a minister must know. My faithful service unto God will be rewarded with better service. I’ll be faithful in the little things until something bigger is given. A warrior goes to war not because glory or because they won’t get hurt but because they are the right ones to get hurt. Because they have a great leader.

                It is good to know that God makes me sufficient. Preaching the gospel is a Holy Spirit weapon. It is not the sound of the gun but the damage on impact that matters. With God’s help, my voice, preaching His words have life altering effects.

                Tell yourself what this verse says; “I am equipped. I am ready. I will do a good job.” It is not psychobabble or self-motivation, it is the truth. Either God helps us to be effective or He doesn’t. I’m going to keep believing that He uses me. He makes me sufficient. So I am what He says.

No comments:

Post a Comment