Thursday, August 22, 2013

Time Apart to Change


For perhaps he therefore departed for a season, that you should receive him forever. Phil1:15

                People need to change. Sometimes there needs to be a separation to allow that change.

It is difficult to let them go. Even my six year daughter going to school was hard. There is a part of my pride that says; “I can teach her everything she needs. She will be safer and better educated with me.” But there are aspects of her education I can’t give her.

I have seen young men go to jail and change for the better. I have seen drug addicted kids locked out and eventually change. Sometimes you have to be away from home or what is familiar to be broken. Paul, speaking of church disciple said it like this; “hand such a one over to Satan that their flesh may be consumed but their soul would be saved.” Fire is a cleansing agent because it separates. Different substances have different burning points. Bacteria and pollutants die quickly.

Don’t intervene in Gods discipline. He isolates people. He strips them of all that is blessing. He allows prodigals to stoop in the filth and go eye to eye with swine. As you pray for others to come to Jesus, don’t be surprised if they are humbled before they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment