Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My Foes will Fall


When the wicked, even my enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Ps27:2

As a kid playing baseball my dad taught me to run out everything. After the ball leaves the bat, take off. Don’t watch the ball, watch your first base coach. It was a good lesson for life. I looked silly when I hit an obvious foul ball. But I remember one little league game, there were 2 outs, 2 runners on and we were down by two. It was the bottom of the last inning and I was up. I knew I could win it for us if I hit a homerun. I had never come very close to knocking one over the fence. The pitch came. I swung with all my might, pulled my head. I barely nipped the top of the ball, it was a little slow dripper right to the pitcher. But I took off in full stride. It should have been an easy out. Then magic happened. The pitcher slipped. The third baseball ran for the ball, he grabbed it and threw with all his strength. The ball flew 5 feet over the first basemen’s head. I rounded first. As I approached second I was being waiver to third. At full speed I approach third base. “Get down, get down, slide, slide;” the third base coach commanded. Foot first I slid. The third basemen ran off the bag trying to stop another terrible throw. I popped up to hear the coach screaming; “go home, go home.” As quick as I could I sprinted to home. Homerun! Not really there were 3 errors on the play. But we won.

I expect, rather I know my enemies will not succeed. It is not about me or about them, it is about God. I am on His side. Those who oppose me, oppose Him as I align myself with His purpose and commands. “Good and bad” are not Bible categories. “Righteous and unrighteous” are. It is being on Gods team that matters. It is not your power. I hit a dribbler, an easy out, but with my enemies mistakes it was a game winning homer.

Those against you will not prosper. They come for evil. They come with bad intent. But the bad will come upon them. Goodness and mercy follow me and they confound my opponents.

No comments:

Post a Comment